The Sales Manager reports to the VP, Marketing Strategy and is responsible for managing the national retail sales of multiple product categories at big box home centers.
This position will also be responsible for working with cross-functional teams at Sales Factory to develop then execute programs, as well as monitor ongoing metrics and program effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have worked for at least one of the portfolio clients for 3-5 years, and fully understand the methods, paths, and means to achieve approvals and success for new programs. They must be able to navigate in changing and complex environments while communicating to Sales Factory and the vendors effectively to provide what is needed for success in sales, marketing, promotion, and execution.
- Schedule and complete sales calls with customers to drive sales growth and execute marketing plans
- Drive flawless program execution, analyze the business, and develop new strategies
- Establish strategic relationships as needed to win
- Work with multiple Sales Factory team members on strategies, research, marketing plans, forecasting, and programs to drive profitable growth
- Proven success in developing and fostering business relationships
- Detailed, focused, and organized
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial culture
- Strong analytical and financial performance tracking skillset
- Strong presentation skills
- The ability to transfer information while speaking in small and large groups
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills, excellent people skills, and the ability to handle difficult situations to success
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Extremely organized with the ability to consistently multitask
- Solid understanding of the paths and approval processes for target retailers
- Willingness to travel as needed